2/16/2007


VALENTINE BLESSINGS

Excluding the red buckling on the right, the pile of kids in the left hand corner are my Valentine blessings from my Heavenly Father which began at 4:45 AM Wednesday morning. Show & Tell aka; Telly gave birth to triplets. A good looking, healthy black roan buck came first. Followed by a very pretty, nice black doeling, and lastly, followed by a little strawberry roan and white doeling for me. Thank you God.


Telly delivered without so much as even a grunt. She did so well delivering 3 beautiful kids, all without incident, in normal birthing positions. Although I was excited with the start of Valentine’s Day beginning with the delivery of Valentine babies, my Valentine surprise came later that morning.
After Telly's kids were cleaned up, checked over, fed and were settling down in the playpen, I noticed something on the third kid born, my doeling.
I noticed a marking on her leg as I sat at the table watching them in the sunroom, while I was reflecting and giving thanks of the blessing of Valentine kids. To my surprise and utter amazement, I saw my kid had been kissed with a two tone heart shape marking on her right rear cannon bone. I was astonished. I feel so loved to have been presented with her. Every time I glance at her heart shape marking as she stands in the playpen or I am looking down at her leg as I feed her, I am reminded of God’s Valentine love gift to me that came so early in the morning, before all else.
It amazes me how this heart shaped marking stays a heart, whether it’s viewed from the side or I am looking down on it. It’s so cool to me too that the marking is on her right side, so I will always see it when I am bending over her in the show ring to set her up. I will have a view of God’s heart painting on my doe and remembrance of His Valentine gift to me.
My Valentine’s Day present didn’t end there. As perfect as that all was to start Valentines Day off with, the ending was a sweet one to finish with.
Marlyn Mondoe kidded at 7 PM with triplets as well with two does and a buck. A dear woman, HelenAnne had reserved a doeling two years ago and so her Valentine gift was fulfilled with a beautiful black and tan with white markings doe kid. I too had wanted a doeling (blonde naturally) and the second kid to follow was a beautiful blonde doeling, my doeling. Last to follow was a problem child, a blonde buckling I had to help out since he thought an entrance butt breach might be interesting. He is fine I am happy to report and looks lovely. Marlyn, their dam, has freshened with a mammary as pretty as her dam, Blonde Bombshell. What more could anyone ask for on Valentines Day or any day of the week? Thank you Heavenly Father!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home