11/08/2006

The young ladies
Signs of our times...cell phones and texting














The State fair moms

Amanda and Lydia. These two young ladies willingly gave their all in helping me. True examples of our ourstanding youth and a tribute to the benefits of growing up working and exhibiting livestock.

Amanda has always been there for me over the years. Quick to lend a helping hand whether asked or not. I have to be careful when I ask for her assistance because she will drop whatever she is doing to come help. There is no finer young handler. Amanda has an eye for photography! A real talent she has. Something I hope she will persue. Amanda once again this year was one of my main helps to get my photos taken of our herd. No easy task which involves a lot of patience, time and work.

Our Lydia. A young upcoming breeder and handler who is on the rise. And again, another young lady with a heart of gold and helping hand. Lydia helped several exhibitors this year at State. She washed or handled over 100 goats in one day alone. That was a little under 1/2 of all the goats in the barn! All with a smile and laughter. Lydia brought all 17 of my goats, one at time, from their pen, to the wash rack and back again to their pens. It was the easiest time I have ever had bathing our herd before show day! On show day, there she was again for us. What a helper!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home