12/29/2010


The decision to go to the 2010 Nationals in KY was not unlike the last time in respect to being a last minute decision. Normal people plan ahead for such events, especially for such a huge event of National importance so to speak and a road trip that entails traveling over halfway across the United States. But true to form, for me not to fit into doing something sane and that is nothing to be proud of. However, I am truly glad the decision to go was made and happy I did. The last minute decision came about by the encouragement of our dear friends and their offer to share their trailer space and motel room with them, coupled with the instance of my husband to go with them and attend the Nationals (go figure). Gordy was convinced I should go to the Nationals and that I would be able to go both the Nationals and attend our daughter’s wedding. With the wedding of course being number 1 priority and why I felt the Nationals was not in the equation. But he was right on all accounts as usual. So, with my husband’s insistence and the open arms of our dear friends to share in the National experience together, off to the Nationals I headed with 4 of our milkers, a dry yearling and two junior does. A lot of goats to bring under the hospitality of friends, but we all made it and still remain good friends. SO, off to Winslow I drove, on June 16th, with our 7 goats for a two and half day journey to KY.
We hit the road in typical goat ownership style. In one speed we goat owners are comfortable with, around 11:30am I think it was when we pulled out. Trudy’s patience was tried on occasion from the get-go, but she handled it well and only filling in for Gordy at times. I think it was my insistence of stopping every 4 hours to milk that pushed her to the patience point maybe a time or two but it was all-good. I think I wore Trudy out with my non-stop chatter but it kept Marshall awake, maybe not so much entertained but awake.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home